Oracle 11g and Documentum (Part 4)

Long time nothing mentioned, but we got further with Oracle. The first major task was the upgrade to Oracle 11.2. It isn’t the hardest task but must be done. It is nothing more than shutting down, installing new Oracle software and do the upgrade. That’s all. We went to 11.2.0.3.

 

What brought this to us? Well, we had many more queries that went wrong in this version, but still some did. We observed that the Documentum standard queries did well, but some newly coded ones not. After looking at these, sometimes a rewrite was the best, sometimes a new index must be made. At the end we had only 2 left, we solved it by using baselines in Oracle.

 

One thing to mention, is that all above was done in an testing environment. When we go live, maybe some other queries goes mad, and we still need some tuning. But that’s for later.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: